2013-2014 Proof of Concept Grants
Update October 30, 2013: Up to $4.5 million is available for award through August 2014, with no specific allocations or quotas by applicant organization type (for-profit vs. non-profit). LSDF’s intent is to distribute up to $1.5 million per cycle. As awards are made, the remaining balance of funds will be available on this page.
Proof of Concept grants are intended to enhance the commercial viability of health-related technologies or concepts developed by non-profit organizations or enhance the competitiveness of early-stage companies for private equity investment. The maximum award is $250,000 in total costs.
Submission and review process:
- Three cycles of pre-proposal review, proposal review, and awards by the LSDF Board of Trustees through August 2014. Up to 32 pre-proposals will be reviewed per cycle.
- Pre-proposals are reviewed every four months and require a presentation and interview.
- Invited proposals are due one month after pre-proposal reviews and reviewed the following month. Proposal reviews require a presentation and interview.
- Awards are made one month after proposal reviews.
- If a pre-proposal results in an invitation to submit a proposal, that invitation is valid only for the proposal deadline immediately following the pre-proposal review.
All applicants must submit a pre-proposal through LSDF’s online system to be considered for a grant. Only a subset of pre-proposals will be invited to submit a proposal.
Next Pre-Proposal Review Meeting
|Next Award Decision Meeting||Balance of Available Funds|
Current number of
December 16, 2013
As of October 30, 2013