Update February 8, 2016: The Life Sciences Ecosystem grant competition is closed to new applications. An award was announced in February 2016.
Commercialization of new health- and health-care-related products and services (collectively, “products”) is LSDF’s mission. Life Sciences Ecosystem grant(s) will seed programs that sustain that mission.
Recognizing that commercialization best occurs within a supportive ecosystem, LSDF invites applicants to identify gaps in that ecosystem and create a sustainable and, ideally, statewide program that assists entrepreneurial teams attempting to commercialize products that improve health and health care.
Washington-based for-profit and non-profit entities are eligible to apply. LSDF expects to award up to $2 million.
Submission and review process:
- Program directors are strongly encouraged to speak with LSDF staff before pre-proposal submission.
- Pre-proposals are required and must be submitted through LSDF’s online system by September 21, 2015. There is no limit on the number of pre-proposals accepted.
- An interview is not required at the pre-proposal stage.
- Pre-proposals deemed competitive through expert review will be invited to submit a full proposal; full proposals are due by January 6, 2016.
- Full proposal applicants will present their proposed work to an expert review panel on January 29, 2016.
- The LSDF Board of Trustees will make award decisions on February 8, 2016.